FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair are thieves in my opinion
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:49 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by memesweeper
I’m glad you got some resolution, albeit slow and inadequate. I’ve flatly refused to fly FR for a decade+ due to their consistently customer hostile policies. I’ve just relented after a combination of airports flight time and price made them the ‘obvious’ way to start my next trip abroad. Having made the booking I immediately had buyers’ remorse as I found I was dreading the airport and check in process rather than being happy or excited about starting my trip. Then I read your story and feel I’ve made a terrible mistake ... I’ll be delighted if I make it to my destination at all! Hope your future travels are more pleasurable.
We were very, very hesitant to fly Ryanair as well. But their nonstop fare from Berlin to Sofia was a fraction of what other carriers wanted for a connecting flight.

So we reluctantly bought a Flexi Plus ticket.

The experience at SXF was pretty miserable...half of the fault lies with SXF the other half with Ryanair check-in and boarding process.

Then the staff onboard refused to sell my wife a snack because we were in row 1 and she didn't realize she could buy a snack until they had passed by us. Which was just ODD. And stupid.

But with Flexi Plus we got row 1 with more legroom than European business class or US first class.

So it was a real mixed bag: cheap and nonstop with great legroom but more stressful than it needed to be at times.

Here is a blog post I wrote about the experience: https://readyjetroam.com/2019/07/08/...rlin-to-sofia/

Disclaimer: This link is to an online source to which I contribute and/or have a financial interest.