FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta BS; How Much More Can Expect
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:44 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Jestocost
So I booked (and paid for) first class tickets on Delta from Honolulu to St. Louis through Minneapolis specifically because the HNL-MSP flight was in Delta One. Within two weeks, Delta cancelled the HNL-MSP flight and re-booked me on a HNL-LAX-MSP-STL flight that clearly didn't include Delta One class service on any leg of the flight. I've now re-booked on a HNL-SLC-STL flight where the first segment is again in Delta One class, but am now pretty sure they're going to pull another bait and switch (at least once) and eventually I will be forced to sit away from my wife (no seats together available at this late date, sir) or will be relegated to standard domestic first class at the last minute. Am I overreacting or am I right to be concerned?
Schedule changes happen but knowledge is power and it’s a matter of knowing what the alternatives are. HNL-ATL is also D1 up front and DL shouldn’t give any pushback if you call and ask to be put on HNL-ATL-STL due to the schedule change. If an agent at first pushes back, first remind them that HNL-MSP was in paid D1 and if that still fails, ask for a supervisor.