FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:19 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ronbo83

I thought it was obvious to folks that stay Hyatt but to name a few I have stayed at.

PH Maldives
PH St. Kitts
Andaz Papagayo
Hyatt Hua Hin
Cat 7 and below SLH (TSU restriction is a bummer but makes sense for non standardized hotels)

I understand that you may like this hotel, which is great for you, but there are multiple Hyatt properties where you can get a non-cruise ship experience and still get great customer service.
Zero interest in any of these locations. You are comparing apples and oranges. Andaz Maui is a great domestic resort in a great location. 5 hours from West Coast but still in USA with all of the conveniences of home, Depending on time of year you can fly for as little as $300 RT on your choice of airlines with a good chance at an upgrade (better than my hub2hub business trips). So for many of us it doesn't waste a day to get there and we can be on the beach by noon.

No immigration crap (i.e. like 1 hour waits in Mexico), no anti-gay islamo-fascist government nonsense (Maldives) Personally I like Costa Rica and Thailand but they are nothing like Hawaii.

If you want more apples to apples pick another resort in Hawaii, or South Beach, or maybe another beach destination. Otherwise maybe stick to the topic of experiences at this property.