FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:06 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA

How did you get the offers on primary and AU cards? I thought multi-browser trick died, especially for Staples. And even before it formally died for me, AMEX clawed back some money.

When the offer is per person, i.e. per cardholder, the AUs, assuming they have their own log in, can also get the credit when their cards receive offers.

When the offer is per account, then even the AU has own log in and receives the offer, even the credit posted, AMEX then would crawl back, often months later.

The big difference, AU does not have his own account, the account belongs to the Primary cardholder - when the offer is per account, then only one credit could be earned.

Sometimes the RAT manual reviews would confuse the above 2 and erroneously crawl back credits on "per person" offers - in such cases, it is possible to get the crawl back reversed. At least that was own experiences on last year's crawl back on Lowes and Staples. A supervisor reviewed it based on the offer term and how the offer was earned. She concluded RAT made error. The crawl back was contested as a dispute filed by her on my behalf, then the crawl back was reversed a few weeks later.

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Many offers come with the limit "one offer per person across all AmEx channels".
AU's are different people, so no tricks required.
Yes, there is no trick. The condition of the offer makes the difference but most people dont pay attention on the words of the offer terms.