FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Downgrade Biz -> Main Cabin in Paid J
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:02 am
rumboj

Originally Posted by Cason Crane

For context - here is the relevant UA comparable situation guidelines as far as I understand: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ation-etc.html

I’m not trying to be difficult or entitled in this - I’m just really surprised that the ‘going rate’ for goodwill compensation in this type of situation is only 10k miles (on top of the refund of fare difference) when UA’s is a $1000 voucher (on top of the refund of fare difference).
I would follow-up by replying to the email, note that 10,000 miles is insufficient, and tell them exactly what you want. If the $1,000 voucher is what you desire, tell them that, but fully expect that they will provide something far less.

You can also highlight the difference in cost between business and economy the day you booked (if you recall a general ballpark), but their policy tends to be to refund the current difference between the rates absent proof from the customer to the contrary.