FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:38 am
mridley2

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
1. I agree SDC won't make a big dent in the bump possibility, but there are often people who miss the flight for whatever reason. In other words, I'm rooting for you, but don't get your hopes too high about being bumped.

2. IME, DL has offered as low as $400 for overnight bumps. Not enough people took them up on that, though, so they had to increase it. There's certainly no guarantee of $500 or any other specific amount, though you certainly can and should ask for what you want.

3. As for a hotel, again IME, DL will always put you in a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle or is walkable from the airport. You can ask for a specific hotel, but DL usually has their own hotels they partner with, so don't be surprised if they say no. I certainly would take the hotel they offer over traveling 45 minutes each way if you have to catch a 6 AM flight the next day.
Thanks for info. I'd be happy with $400 but of course would love more.

Agree that many people do miss flights for whatever reason. I do have my hopes a little higher than usual. Sunday is a good mix of 4th of july leisure travelers returning home and business travelers starting the week after presumably not flying the previous week due to the 4th holiday.

I think you're right about staying at hotel near airport. Much better than a 45 mins commute each way with an early next day departure. I don't have much hotel preference just comfortable and preferably a bar that's open. haha.