FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 hour connection to IST?
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:27 am
glennhaak

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by suley
Hi Guys,

Just purchased some flights from LHR to Istanbul, I noticed on the outbound we have an hour to transit, assuming my outbound is late due to congestion or something but delay is only around 20 mins or we get to to tha gate 20 mins late, I assume I will need to go to the international gate as Istanbul is probably under international depatures and going through passport control I am delayed and miss my flight. Will AF need to rebook me assuming I run across the airport? I have done a quick search and if I miss the next flight seems to be 10 hours later, would that then make me eligable for EU261? Would rather make the connection to be honest as its a long time to wait
Any advice is appreciated
Well, let's start with your itinerary, I assume you are flying LHR-CDG-IST? If AF will sell you this on one ticket they consider it a safe itinerary. In case of a misconnect, they will rebook you for free on the next available flight. Depending on the reason in case of a misconnect, you will or will not be entitled to compensation under EU261.