FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - need advice - notification from AA Corporate Security
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:06 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Grmaht
at no point did I ever committed any fraud by using someone else's credit card.
However, as has been pointed out upthread, that's not what AA alleged.
... holding numerous reservations on aa.com with an invalid credit card.
Those are two very different things. AA security accused you of doing ABC. Your response was that you didn't do XYZ. That would make me suspicious. This is not a situation in which you want to play at semantics. "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is."

I also offered a signed affidavit stating this and that this use of any invalid form of payment would never happen again
But if you didn't do it intentionally, how can you guarantee that it won't happen again? And if you did do it intentionally....

Originally Posted by Often1
Not sure why OP starts off by denying that he ever "using someone else's credit card," when the AA Corporate Security allegation is specifically that he had engaged in "holding numerous reservations on aa.com with an invalid credit card."
As you can see, I was wondering the same thing. My feeling after reading OP's posts is that there's some dancing around the facts going on.

Originally Posted by Often1
That seems to be a simple factual question, Did OP, on multiple occasions, hold reservations using an invalid card?
I agree. Seems very straightforward to me.

We used a "fly now pay later" card - I am an authorized user of the card. The issues are tied to that card - we've had situations where the card used the payment had not processed.
I'm trying to imagine how this came about. When I make a payment on either my AMEX or Citibank cards (the only credit cards I have), the payment is posted within seconds.

I've already emailed them a signed and notarized affidavit....
You do understand that notarization simply ensures that you were the one who actually signed the affidavit, right? It's identity verification, nothing more.

... and will use this audit as a one and only warning going forward.
You already promised to follow the rules when you enrolled in AAdvantage. Additionally, an affidavit is only relevant to things that have already occurred. An affidavit which purports to promise something for the future is illogical and meaningless.

The issue has been our fly now pay later card payment has not processed ...
What bank is handling this card? As above, my payments clear immediately.

I understand that this must be very distressing to you, OP; however, after reading and rereading everything that you wrote, I am left with the feeling that there's more to the story. Possibly AA was left with the same feeling.