FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - need advice - notification from AA Corporate Security
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:59 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Grmaht
I received the attached communication from AA Corp Security - they have cancelled all my award travel for the remainder of the year (just went to pull a bunch of bookings and they have all been cancelled). any advice? anyone know how long the audit takes? at no point did I ever committed any fraud by using someone else's credit card. any input would be appreciated - I did reply back to the email notifying them that there was no willful fraud or attempt to abuse the system. I also offered a signed affidavit stating this and that this use of any invalid form of payment would never happen again -

"it has been brought to the attention of American Airlines’ corporate security department that you have been holding numerous reservations on aa.com with an invalid credit card. Our records indicate this act has been performed since May 2016. Holding duplicate or illogical reservations is not a benefit granted by American Airlines; it is a violation of our terms and conditions, and as noted below, is subject to appropriate administrative action which may include, without limitation, the forfeiture of all award tickets, accrued mileage in a member’s account, and the termination of the member’s account and the member’s future participation in the system. Your Aadvantage account xxxxx is currently frozen while it is being audited. Going forward any reservations made using an invalid credit card will be canceled immediately. While American Airlines appreciates all of our customers, we do not tolerate abuse of our system and services. Please take the time to review the information provided to you concerning ‘Ticket Validity – Compliance with Terms and Conditions of Sale’. This information is made available to AA’s customers on AA.COM. http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pr...Conditions.jsp
After our Auditing is completed, we will contact you with all the results and the our decision about your AAdvantage account.
Fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of applicable rules (including, but not limited to, American or American Eagle conditions of carriage, tariffs and AAdvantage program rules) is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and American Airlines. Such action may include, without limitation, the forfeiture of all award tickets, and any accrued mileage in a member's account, as well as cancellation of the account and the member's future participation in the AAdvantage program. In addition, American Airlines reserves the right to take appropriate legal action to recover damages, including its attorney fees incurred in prosecuting any lawsuit.
American Airlines reserves the right to audit any and all accounts at any time and without notice to the member to ensure compliance with AAdvantage program rules and applicable conditions of carriage and/or tariffs. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or violations, the processing of AAdvantage awards, mileage accrual and summaries may be delayed until the discrepancies or violations are resolved satisfactorily to American Airlines. Pending such resolution, members may be prohibited from redeeming mileage credits for an AAdvantage award or ticket as determined in American's sole discretion."
I think we saw one like this last year.

AA doesn’t have a sense of humor about such Shenanigans. Come clean, and beg for mercy, basically.