FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR flexible online bookings and rate changes?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:08 pm
david22

FHR flexible online bookings and rate changes?

Hello,

I'm a travel optimizer and I like to book flexible rates far in advance and change the reservation if the rates drop to lock in the lower rates. With direct hotel bookings it's usually trivial to use the confirmation number and "modify reservation" (or call in). But with Amex FHR online bookings I've always found it difficult. You can't do it on the website online and they won't do it over chat either. Last time I canceled the reservation and made a new one to avoid having to call in.

Why not just call in? The reservation is for my mother and she is an authorized user on my account. I handle the travel bookings for her. But whenever I call Amex they always end up asking me for some PIN I don't have and then they want me to go through an arduous reset process and play fifty questions with SSNs, etc.

This time I noticed a price drop less than a week before the stay and I don't want to outright make a new reservation because I've already been in contact with the front desk and they have notes on the reservation, concierge stuff arranged, etc. This is a prepaid but flexible Amex FHR (want those 5x points).

Any other avenues I'm missing?