FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: E-Ups for hubby & Me
Thread: Question: E-Ups for hubby & Me
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:12 am
lallied

Originally Posted by YEG USER

I realize I’m late in posting this, but this hadn’t been my experience. I have successfully upgraded flights utilizing 2 different accounts for the outbound and the return. IIRC the key was that I couldn’t have 2 upgrades active on 1 PNR at the same time.

IIRC if you upgrade your outbound flight and check Manage My Bookings your outbound flight will show as upgraded. If your return flight is within the upgrade window you will not be able to upgrade the return with someone else’s account. However, at some point several days after the outbound had been flown (i.e. 3 days?), the outbound segment will drop off of Manage My Bookings and my experience was that once this happens I was able to upgrade the return using someone else’s points. It has been a few years since I did this, so it is possible that things have changed.
That’s correct. In theory you can use two accounts for different directions providing that you ask for the second return UG when the outward bound is completed. Sorry, I was referring to latitude fares where want to snag both early while available. When I have tried that with flex with two accounts, invariably by the time I try for return UG there are none, and while they will actually take UG off from one account and swap for another once outward completed, you have to have the same fare category available to get you back to economy and then back to UG. And oversold so not able to do. However for 2 accounts for one direction am pretty sure am correct. Which was the question asked here.