FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award availability at Krisflyer / United shows Saver Awards available
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:52 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Not to revive an old thread but I'm in the same boat here. I'm getting a little frustrated here too. I know Singapore doesn't release much in the way of business class to other programs, is this just retaliatory by the other airlines? Much like the OP I can find multiple days with multiple routing options on different carriers and the SQ site gives me nothing, every single time. UA/EF show availability for MDE-MAD-CAI, SQ shows no availability at all for MDE-MAD via any routing, and then only double connecting routings for MAD-CAI. I'm looking for Economy in MARCH, the reality is there should be at least a handful of days with availability. I click flexible dates every time and come up with absolutely nothing, I just keep getting nothing.

You're seriously telling me that there's not ONE SINGLE ECONOMY seat available in the entire week of March 18, 2020 from MDE-MAD in any routing? That's total BS. I've also tried searching the return JNB/CPT-MDE/BOG and come up with absolutely nothing, April 1 and the week surrounding it. I can find FRA-BOG which of course comes with almost $500CAD in fees, but when I search JNB-FRA (which I know to be available via all other tools) I get told it's illegal due to back tracking.

What use are these miles if there's no availability for anything? When I search on UA/EF I call up Aeroplan and they see the same thing...in my experience calling SQ, I've been flat out told the no availability answer, then when feeding them flights one by one, suddenly poof, everything is ok.

So I guess the main question is, how the hell do you guys actually USE the miles, outside of SQ or Silk flights?