FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:09 am
edkwan88

Programs: AA Plat, AS Gold 75k, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Sounds a bit odd, especially them saying that twice but I can't see how they could have processed an Avios upgrade in the first place if there was no availability showing and you can upgrade using Avios for one leg. Sounds like there was a bit of confusion and the communications weren't great and I'd put it down to an unsatisfactory outcome but you definitely can just upgrade one leg. (with the usual caveat that there is availability, on a BA 125 issued ticket, your in an eligible booking class etc)
Ticket was booked with BA on all BA operated flights. To clarify LHR was just a layover, I was not stopping over. They said I had to upgrade from PHX-TLV, not individual legs in-between. I believe the communcation was clear and no confusion. I was very clear what I wanted. They even quoted to me the price for each leg then told me I had to do both together, I couldn't just do one leg. With no upgrade space they said they would put me on standby, but I didnt want to risk it as upgrade space on PHX-LHR is impossible to come by. Just wondering if anyone experienced this before.