FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MS at Rite Aid (2019)
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:28 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by alanisrox69
For sale prices, you get the larger of the discounts. So if the sale price is <20% then you get the 20% off since that's the larger discount. If the sale price is >20% you get the sale price only. But your Manufacture Coupon comes off after, at the end. So it'll be the larger of the two discounts totalled, then minus your manufacture coupon = final price.
No glitch. Manufacturer's coupons are considered a method of payment, and Rite Aid's system is configured properly, so you get the 20% off the regular price and then the manufacturer coupon comes off after that.

For instance I bought something there this week that had a $7.99 regular price. Got the 20% off so 6.39. Then had a $3 off manufacturer coupon from Rite Aid app so final price 3.39 (tax charged on the 6.39). So the quoted total was something in the 3.90 range.

The other trick is if you have merchandise and manufacturer's coupons in the same transaction, and gift cards, you can pay for part of the gift card with the Wellness Plus Points using the value of the manufacturer's coupon.

So in the above transaction, say I add a $25 gift card to the above transaction. My total is now 28.90. Rite Aid's system will allow you to use $6.90 worth of Wellness Plus points on that transaction so I only end up giving Rite Aid $22 of cash/credit card for the gift card plus merchandise item.