FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:45 pm
PanAmWT

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
[QUOTE=bluestrudels;31269764]
Originally Posted by vulches

I have 3 NC 7N CAT 4 certs, all expires on Sep 19. I called in to redeem 1 of the 3 during Feb 19.
Since these are already converted, the rep has to either reissue the 1 year extension or he has to manually remove the cert from my account and attach an e-cert to the 7 nights reservation that I wanted to redeem for.

So to answer your question.
- You cannot upgrade or downgrade once it's already converted in NC. At least I haven't tried.
- Yes, you get 1 more year extension for your NC cert.
- My cert were never applied on any existing reservation. E-certs are confirmed reservations that Marriott sends to the hotel after you successfully redeem your cert.

Hope this helps.. I have 2 more 7N CAT 4, time to decide what to redeem them for next year..
Do you mean an expiring 7N NC4 can be extended for one more year? This is very important for me because last December when I called to convert one OC5, the Marriott supervisor decided to convert all my six OC5s. I used only three so far and have three more that will expire late December this year. I am hoping they can be given another years life.