FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:10 am
East_and_West

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Grace B
I am UA*G and have a UA award for next month, flying Aegean in economy (X) LHR-ATH-CAI on A321's.

When I look at my reservation on A3's website, there is no option shown to select a seat, not even a paid one, so is there any way of doing this in advance of checking in? This situation also applies to additional baggage.
This may have to do with your trip being booked through another airline. I have an upcoming multi-city booked through LH, and I am unable to select a seat on the A3-operated leg of the trip. There is simply no such option/button on the "Manage booking" page.

There is something broken with their seat selection system, which they don't seem to care fixing. The only way is to try contacting them, preferably over the phone. A couple of weeks ago I had to call them to select a paid seat on an one-leg flight, operated by A3 and booked directly through their website... The agent though was very friendly and efficient, and it was quite smooth and quick.