FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for SENTRI, had pork on my pizza confiscated recently
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:38 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Wiggums
I looked into that but I believe flying in and not declaring it would be a more severe violation than driving through the border where there are no forms to fill and I said yes I had food. Was immediately sent to secondary and confiscated the chorizo. Still, the CBP said this would be a warning. Not like I had a chance to say yes. Since there were no forms, would this warning appear on my record?
With you having declared it and surrendered it without issue, it shouldn’t; and thus it shouldn’t cause you future problems. While it’s possible that things appear in a record that shouldn’t be there, I would find it to be more the exception than the norm.

While I’ve never been subject to “warning” words from CBP at land and air ports of entry, I do often declare food (and I do so by listing the foods verbally before or upon CBP inquiry asking about what kind of food). And upon that declaration to CBP, I am sometimes directed to secondary where I am sometimes surrendering food I declared to CBP at primary and again at secondary.

CBP — or at least the Ag part — seem to prefer that I get rid of the restricted food on the plane or before arrival by car, but I’ve not noticed any problems with my trusted traveler program memberships arising from declaring food that got surrendered as and where it is acceptable to do so.