FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:37 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jrl767
16- once again I can envision multiple airlines (three, in this instance) that might have had single-plane service on this route, and in fact I'd probably be willing to wager that all would have operated some variant of the DC9 ... a couple of this round's answers have featured Eastern, so I'm going to eliminate them from contention for this one and start the guessing with Southern, operating via:
  1. Memphis (MEM)
  2. Mobile (MOB)
  3. Pensacola (PNS)
  4. Ft Walton Beach (VPS)
  5. Tallahassee (TLH)
16. Southern (SO) is an excellent guess as this air carrier was indeed operating a daily flight which made five stops en route from Chicago O'Hare to Miami. SO 227 operated with a DC9-10 flew a routing of ORD-MEM-JAN-MOB-VPS-MCO-MIA. However, lunch was not served on this flight although a snack was and the flight in question was not operated with a DC9 and also did not stop not stop at any of the airports mentioned above.

You also mentioned Eastern which at this time was operating two daily ORD-MIA nonstops with 727 equipment plus a third daily flight operated with a DC9-10 which made two stops en route being BNA and BHM, neither of which was served by the flight in question.

So we are looking for another airline here. Please guess again!