Old Jul 3, 19, 9:37 am
Nirvana91

Just finished a 1-night stay at what I think was an amazing rate ($109). The diamond breakfast benefit is still a $12-off voucher (up to two people). Check-in was smooth and diamond status was recognized, however no upgrade was offered and I didn't ask for one (I don't particularly care as much about hotel upgrades as some here do). The rooftop bar was directly in the sun in the middle of the day, and many of the tables were "reserved" for what I assume to be people willing to shell out big $$ on some sort of bottle service. In any case it was about 95 degrees and sunny up there so we had no urge to stay and fry. Nice spot for some photos though, and I can imagine that place completely jumping on a Summer night. The inside upstairs bar was also pretty trendy-looking and completely full in the early afternoon.

The room itself was a decent size when compared to other Chicago hotels. I absolutely love the Malin & Goetz toiletries. It's a very modern room and includes a Nespresso machine and a mini-fridge (and thankfully NOT an annoying minibar). Room was on the 17th floor so noise was not an issue.

I don't understand why this hotel was the same rate as many of the Hamptons and HGIs in the same area, but I'll take it.