FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - People Mover/ATS @O’Hare/ORD shuttle train ceases ops until 202? [REOPENED 11/3/21]
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:20 am
onthesam

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
​​
Originally Posted by BURules
Out of the lurker bin to say that the chaos remains. Came in on the early afternoon bank yesterday.

Nearly an hour wait for bags and some less-than-helpful agents at baggage transfer. (They were literally shouting at folks, “Just drop your bags and go!” — not sure how speaking English more loudly to people who do not speak English is suddenly going to get them to understand you.)

In fairness, the transfer bus line looked demoralizing, but did actually move with decent pace. None of the buses I saw had any sort of baggage storage, so it definitely has a jitney feel onboard with bags and people packed to the gills.

Build at least 2.5 hours for any International to Domestic at ORD and bring your patience pills. (Or go through somewhere else.)
This sounds like a gripe with the baggage claim/re-check process having little or nothing to do with the ATS/temporary shuttle.

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by timezone_trooper
Got this transfer coming up the last Monday in July arriving on an OS flight from VIE - I'm planning for chaos and I have about 5 hours to get over to T1, but given the nightmare I'm probably going to grab a ride share and head over. I'll spend the money and risk annoying a driver to not have to wait an hour for a bus.
​​​​​​​

The shuttle bus is fine. There is no chaos. You have 5 hours please don't take a rideshare from T5 to T1. The drivers wait in line, at their own expense,sometimes for hours, for a ride. Going 3 blocks ain't too cool.

Last edited by onthesam; Jul 3, 2019 at 7:28 am