Old Jul 3, 19, 1:38 am
mikebor

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by eyeball1 View Post
I think this was already asked and OP still has not answered.
Sorry for the long delay in replying. This is to all that asked what I tell the hotel to get it waived. Basically once I find out if the hotel has a resort fee I call and ask for the front office manager. I tell him or her I am an Ambassador and Lifetime Titanium and I don't want to pay the fee. I explain that other hotels have waived it and I won't be using any of the "stuff" included like wine tastings or whatever. Except for the Cosmo I never had an issue getting it waived. In fact at the NY Times Square Marquis 1 of the assistant managers like 18 months ago offered to waive it for me when I called to go over my room requests. He just brought it up and told me I don't want to pay that fee so he'll waive it. Ever since then I try to be proactive and ask for it to be waived. Some hotels are stingier than others but most if you escalate it high enough and I would assume are a high level Marriott member, will waive it.

Like at the Marquis San Diego they didn't want to waive it but I told them they waive it for me at the Times Square Marquis so then they said okay lol. If I stay a week at $34 a night for a worthless destination fee x 7 that's almost $250 I am saving thank heavens.