FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cheltenham {GBR}
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:25 pm
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Nickl
As an update from my last review in June 2017; having continued to stay periodically at this hotel over the past two years, I have finally lost patience with the variability. There’s been an ongoing luck of the draw in the type/size of room with generally no choice of room at online checkin in the 24 hours before staying, occasional lengthy queues in the time it takes to check in and out, and 50/50 outcome in whether reception staff remember that diamond members get drinks vouchers.

It’s fine for a one night business stay so long as you don’t have luggage to lug up and down stairs, do not want to be confident of a quick checkin/checkout, know what to ask for as a diamond member, and are happy to be a 10 minute drive from Cheltenham. And the lack of air conditioning makes it a definite place to avoid in the (admittedly rare) case of high temperatures. Unfortunately, not a place that I would recommend to any tourist or someone looking for a special break.
Thanks for coming back with the info, I quite liked my stay here a couple of years back however I do remember the long queues in reception , I also remember the many stairs too carrying two suitcases up and down ( I had my elderly mother with me ) ......nice building but not overly practical.