FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Snow Seeking in Svalbard – Journey to the World's Most Northerly Commercial Airport
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:24 pm
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
This is awesome, Svalbard has been on my bucket list for a while now. Did you go to Pyramiden?
Unfortunately not as at the time I was visiting there were no boat trips due to ice conditions (what I heard boat travel only gets possible from around March-April or so, although even late in spring often boats cannot dock at Pyramiden due to conditions). Due to limited time I also had no time to go there by snowmobile as it would probably be a too grueling journey for a snowmobile newbie to do in a day (although it is possible as a day trip what I read). Quite a pity as visiting the second most northerly Lenin statue in Barentsburg doesn't have the same ring as the most northerly in Pyramiden

That said, Barentsburg was a great alternative and it actually being a living town instead of being a ghost town like Pyramiden made it special on its own.

Originally Posted by gaobest
Fantastic!
how much was the train journey from “Oslo” Torp airport to Oslo city, as you mentioned a 70-mile journey.
249 NOK if you get a booked-in-advance minipris, 289 NOK full price. Can easily book it online (I did so through the Norwegian railways app while waiting in the queue for passport control at Torp!).