FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Rimowa as bad as people say?
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:59 am
simby

Originally Posted by tokteacher
I have been mightily disappointed with the two Rimowa's that we have purchased. Costing 1,000 USD a piece, we have yet to make a multi-stop trip without one or the other being severely damaged. On our trip from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, the clasp was snapped and a hole punched in the polycarbonate shell. Rimowa will not fix or replace, as they explained their warranty "only covered defects." Well, I am assuming something this expensive went through some sort of quality control so that there are no initial defects. However, the only way to keep your Rimowa bag intact seems to be to leave it in the closet. I have any number of inexpensive bags that have stood up far better than these two overpriced and overly delicate pieces. I will never buy RImowa again. This is for rich tourists who can afford the aluminum versions, which I imagine might stand up a bit better. We purchased the best polycarbonate model and have had nothing but trouble. I would advise--STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY!!!!
Rimowa is known for its aluminium cases. It does not make sense to pay the Rimowa brand premium for their polycarbonate cases.