FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Logic when Swiss Choice Business Class Upgrade is available?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:57 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I‘ve always found that the Swiss Choice option leaves you off cheaper when booking directly at the time of booking, especially when booking early.
Otherwise what‘d be the sense in the whole thing? Paying more for worse Tarif conditions?

As an example:
GVA-ZRH-ARN in Y light costs 65.- plus 63.- for the Upgrade (not per leg). Total of 128.- for Business class vs 250.- when booking Business directly.

ZRH-GOT 139.- for light + 82.- for the upgrade: Total of 221.- for Business vs. 359.- when booking Business directly.

Examples searched on second September.
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Don't come with logic. I once checked for a flight to Miami in First. If you started in ATH (via ZRH), it was around 5k, if you started in GVA (with same connection in ZRH !) it was 15k !

I understand that from different markets prices might be different. But ATH and GVA are far apart while GVA and ZRH are next to each other, the prices for the tickets are also comparable, and on other routes ex ZRH the upgrade cost is the usual 82.-. Furthermore the upgrade cost shouldn‘t be more than 100.- than just booking a new business class ticket!