FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:27 pm
invalyd

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aloha1
A cautionary, sad tale: Was at Haneda this past Saturday around 9 AM. There are 3 Duty Free shops. The biggest around GATE 110, had 15 bottles of Hibiki BC for ¥10,000. As I wandered around and came back about 40 minutes later, all 15 bottles were gone. I don't care for the BC but that was like a wow moment. From there I wandered down to the DF at Gate 109. Four Samurai bottles, 3 Royals, and what I thought was one Yamazaki 18 for ¥50,000... until a clerk came over to remove the sign and box. It had just been sold.

But the saddest experience was at the DF at Gate 114. Walked in and saw one bottle of Hibiki 21 on the shelf for ¥50,000. As I started to reach for it another person from a country just west of Japan, pushed in from my left side and grabbed the bottle. Polite guy that I am, I didn't cause a scene, but I'm still fuming. So, final tally from this trip is 10 minis of Yamazaki 12 and the premium flight at the Suntory Whisky House. Se La Vie.
That infuriating. You are indeed a very polite guy, not sure I would have been able to do the same!

On a side note, good to know HND sells Blender's Choice, that is the first I've heard of it being sold at duty free.