FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How soon is a Tier status change reflected on the BA site and app?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:05 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

Partner cards do soft land. This rumour needs to be squashed!!

To the OP - if the partner card was received mid-year then you will get the remainder of the current year plus the next year as Gold. Therefore it’s entirely possible that the card will be valid till 2020. My daughter’s silver card (just received) is valid till 2021.

Well, I’m not convinced. Over the last two years, the Gold cards I’ve gifted have hard-landed to the status the member earned during the Membership Year. I’ve just looked at my father’s old account and his status went from Gold to Bronze last August. My daughter, who hasn’t traveled very much this year ended her Membership Year on 8 May, she only had enough TPs to qualify as Blue last year. I shall take a look at her account on 1 July to see what her status is.

Well, I’m not convinced. Over the last two years, the Gold cards I’ve gifted have hard-landed to the status the member earned during the Membership Year. I’ve just looked at my father’s old account and his status went from Gold to Bronze last August. My daughter, who hasn’t traveled very much this year ended her Membership Year on 8 May, she only had enough TPs to qualify as Blue last year. I shall take a look at her account on 1 July to see what her status is.
As promised here is an update on my daughter’s BAEC status after her gifted Gold Card expired last night. She only managed to acquire 280 TPs during her Membership Year meaning she did not earn sufficient TPs even to achieve Bronze. As I expected she did not soft land to Silver but fell unceremoniously all the way down to Blue!