FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:41 pm
soartoday

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Global321
I do not believe anyone has had any luck with that.

However, at the gate we were able to switch from a long layover in HKG (to HAN) to a short one, no charge.

If there is a short connection to DAD that you can switch to, that might work for you. (Then buy a cheap domestic ticket DAD-HAN.)
Originally Posted by greendx

Good luck with that.

This morning when my HKG-NRT took a delay which would cause me to miss a flight to CTS on another ticket (NH) I asked to see if I can be moved to the HKG-CTS CX flight and they laughed at me.
Originally Posted by greendx

Business class. Didn’t matter. Perhaps would have had better luck at the lounge but didn’t have time to go back to try. That said this is just a very recent data point, maybe OP will have better luck.
Thanks everyone for the quick responses. Will shamelessly ask a few agents and see what kind of laughter I get

Update: no laughs from anyone. I may have misunderstood, but I think they would have let me drop the last leg in exchange for a new one-way ticket from HKG. That seems more than fair. It still wasn't worth the money for me, but they were nice enough to do the change for me.

Last edited by soartoday; Jun 30, 2019 at 4:54 pm