FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Misconnected at YYZ, full of confused people, no help, can't get thru, what to do?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:07 am
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update...after trying to call the various numbers last night up until about 3:30 AM Eastern and 7:30 AM this morning, just could not get through (and did not want to keep waiting). Went to YYZ. Went to Area 1 first. The agent said all the rebooking would have to be done at the rebooking section next aisle.

How can this be? Even the elite agents could not rebook passengers? After some discussions, she did put me on the WL but could not confirm me to even a later flight (there were seats on the much later flight but we both thought we could get on (I was #2 on the WL). All the earlier YUL flights were sold out or oversold.

I went to the rebooking section. I got #174 and they were serving 100/101 with 2 agents. It was a zoo! I was just so confused by the crazy process so I grabbed a supervisor to ask him how could this be. He said he would come back and walked away.

Then another guy in suit walked by. I stopped him. He actually listened, took me to a counter and wondered why the agent did not send me to YTZ. He rebooked me through YTZ, gave me a voucher for the ride and I am eagerly awaiting my first flight out of YTZ

On my shuttle to YYZ to/from the hotel, heard a lot of strange stories. So many questions on what happened and what the rules Transport Canada has on cancellation, etc.. Will write more later. Thanks!

If you are stuck at YYZ, good luck!