FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Adds New Companion Upgrades Policy 5 May 2018
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:00 am
enpremiere

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by sely
Newly Platinum on American- so apologies ahead of time if this is a rookie question.....this whole upgrade process is beyond confusing to me.

I am travelling with my non-status wife and son tomorrow, originally all 3 of us were sitting in the exit row. This morning I requested an upgrade for two of us on one of our flights which instantly cleared. In order to process the upgrade they split my wife off into a new PNR (which I was prepared for thanks to this board). Problem now is that I can no longer see her reservation. It is not in her AADvantage account (the original PNR is) nor can I find it with the new PNR they gave me. But my question is when speaking to an agent she told me that in order to keep the exit row seat, my wife will have to pay for it because we are no longer travelling together. Is this correct? If not, how can I best go about keeping her in the exit row without the fee...not only for the one flight we are upgraded, but also on the other 3 legs of the trip? My original thought was to check her in to see what happens- but can't because I do not have access to her reservation. I would hate to have her stuck in a middle seat on a cross country flight!

Thanks.
As long as there isn’t an equipment swap it’s very likely that she’ll keep her seat and it wouldn’t be any additional charge.