FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MS at Rite Aid (2019)
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:12 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by storewanderer
The system is hard coded against credit on the Vanilla cards...

Other cards work with credit payment.

It seems like gift cards no longer earn Rite Aid Wellness Plus points based on some purchases I made last week (1 point per dollar spent; accumulate 1,000 points in a calendar year and get 20% off all regular priced items for the rest of the year earned plus the entire following year, probably not a real mover for most people here, but it is something and when combined with promotions/coupons in the store can be very good; not a real mover online since their website is basically 30% off everyday for anyone if you enter it from a Google search for a specific product). Luckily the cards I bought earlier in the year still earned the points so I should still hit my 1,000 for the year.
(my bolding and italics)
This may be pedantic, but if the item is a percentage off the regular price, how can you combine a coupon that reduces the regular price (to in essence a sales price) and still get the 20% off?
Is this is glitch in their promotion? If so, it could be a good find (although I don't shop Rite Aide and therefore do not know their promotion history).