FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Misconnected at YYZ, full of confused people, no help, can't get thru, what to do?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:13 am
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down Misconnected at YYZ, full of confused people, no help, can't get thru, what to do?

So, my transborder flight into YYZ got delayed about 2.5 hours tonight so I missed my connection at YYZ. I am not sure what the cause was. It seemed they swapped aircraft so the plane into my airport was delayed even in the morning (and kept pushing back).

1 - Onboard (Rouge), FA said ground would take care of it and rebook. Of course, that did not happen
2 - GA meeting the flight said go to the connection desk
3 - Connection desk gave me hotel and meal vouchers but could not rebook (no reason given) - plenty of availability but could not book
4 - Went upstairs and found 2 agents. She said they cannot rebook without ticketing and ticketing was closed (this was about 1 AM Eastern)
5 - 888 number would not even put me on hold - too busy (other numbers just lead to long wait)
6 - My PNR shows only my first flight, my connecting flight has disappeared

I consider myself a pretty experienced traveller and I am UA *G.

I guess a lot of people misconnected tonight. Is YYZ usually this bad with IRROPs handling? How can agents not able to rebook passengers?

So, I guess I just go back to the airport in the morning and try to rebook?

Thanks.

Last edited by username; Jun 30, 2019 at 1:05 am