FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sas cancel the flight but puts me on a flight to miss the last train.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:41 pm
livious

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Delayed? Seriously? Do trains ever run late in modern, affluent, efficient and well-organized Sweden?

Johan
Delayed and cancelled trains are a staple of Skånsk society. I would say that a majority of my trains experience a delay, technical issue or cancellation. The last 3 direct trains I have taken to CPH have been stopped in Malmö for various reasons, costing me anywhere between 15-30 min. As a precaution, I plan on travelling two trains earlier than I would normally to make sure I arrive in time. More lounge time, but I would prefer if my employer allowed us to take a taxi.

Back to the topic of the thread, I am a bit confused why SAS would pay compensation if the delay is within EU limits. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the complaint...but SAS only sold a ticket to ARN and not the entire journey home. I see this very much as a travel insurance claim. Surely SAS should not be held responsible for onward travel after the ticket ended.