FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes and effects on AA 737 MAX 8s (NOT reaccommodation)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:52 am
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I don't think AA would need anyone except the FAA to approve it to fly domestically. That said, I think Boeing would like to get approval from at least the US, Canada, and Europe simultaneously.
I think that any routes that go through Canadian or Mexican airspace (ie routes like ORD-BOS and sometimes ORD-SEA, MIA-SAN, and anything to ANC) would require the approval of those aviation authorities; I remember noting that the Canadian ban at least prohibited the MAX in our airspace. Certainly an issue AA could avoid by choosing which routes they use the MAX on or by choosing the flight path to stay out of Canada/Mexico, but a consideration. And of course it wouldn’t be a good look for AA to be flying a plane that has not been approved throughout the developed world due to a major safety concern. And no MAX on international routes to countries that haven’t approved it, most likely.