FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:14 pm
jbeckett

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lucjos0224
A couple questions:
1.) On the $250 resort credit I was able to call up the Grand Wailea and make a deposit for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex offers plus the resort credit. As I understand it, the resort credit cardmember year resets with the annual fee? I just signed up for this card and my first statement closes July 8. So since my first resort credit has already posted, am I correct in my understanding that the resort credit cardmember year will reset on 7/8 and I will have another $250 to spend from 7/8/19-7/8/20?
Yes, although I think the pertinent date is the account opening date.

Originally Posted by lucjos0224
2.) On the free weekend nights. I understand these can take about 8-12 weeks to be delivered after card sign up. I would like to lock down the space and am looking to use 3 of these (we are traveling with 2 other couples) to add a 6th night to a 5-night stay we have booked. Can I book these single nights using 95K points and then when the free nights show up call up, cancel the points reservation and re-book using the free weekend night. I believe Hilton re-releases the award space if you cancel?
You can try, it may or may not work. I would not attempt this if the award space is not available before you cancel. If award space is not available, I would call in to see if they can make the change. Note that you have to call in to make the weekend free night reservation anyway, as it can't be done through the web site.