View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 19, 4:16 pm
lucjos0224

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
A couple questions:
1.) On the $250 resort credit I was able to call up the Grand Wailea and make a deposit for my stay next May. This triggered the 2 Amex offers plus the resort credit. As I understand it, the resort credit cardmember year resets with the annual fee? I just signed up for this card and my first statement closes July 8. So since my first resort credit has already posted, am I correct in my understanding that the resort credit cardmember year will reset on 7/8 and I will have another $250 to spend from 7/8/19-7/8/20?

2.) On the free weekend nights. I understand these can take about 8-12 weeks to be delivered after card sign up. I would like to lock down the space and am looking to use 3 of these (we are traveling with 2 other couples) to add a 6th night to a 5-night stay we have booked. Can I book these single nights using 95K points and then when the free nights show up call up, cancel the points reservation and re-book using the free weekend night. I believe Hilton re-releases the award space if you cancel?