FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need 25K miles by 12/31 to get MVPG , suggestions please
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:45 pm
milypan

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245
I am thinking maybe a partner flight in PE on Singapore or Cathay may get me the miles needed.
LAX-SIN is about 17k RT and can be had for as little as $1100 in SQ PE. Sounds like that still leaves you 8-13k EQM short however.

MVPG has proven useful given my travel patterns. I am tall so grabbing exit rows for free on booking is worth its wait in gold to me. That along with the occasional bumps to first, the GGU, priority boarding, no baggage fees has added up to thousands in savings yearly the last 4 years as gold.
But, with the exception of the 4 GGUs, all of those benefits are also available with MVP, just sometimes to a lesser degree. As for the change fees, you should ask yourself whether you'd actually pay $125 to make every change that you made, or whether in some cases you made them simply because they were free. If the latter, then you shouldn't value the change fee benefit at ($125 * # of changes).