FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discoveries while travelling - things you didn't know before
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:46 am
invisible

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
In HK and Singapore and Malaysia (and likely elsewhere in SEA), you see evaporated milk and condensed milk a lot.
Kopi - Coffee (local version, where beans are roasted in butter) with condensed milk
Kopi C - Coffee with evaporated milk.

There is whole website how to order coffee (kopi) in Singapore https://kopi.guide/

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
That said, many Asians are lactose intolerant. Those that aren't tend to consume lots of milk products.
You will also find that yogurt and especially cheese section is like 1/10th what you will see in american or european supermarkets, in my local supermarket it is like two shelves of 2ft long and you will only find well known brands of processed cheese there, like President. Also cheese is about 2-3x more expensive compared to US/EU. I or my wife, when travelling to US, always bring back at least 20lb of cheese from Costco. You can't get it in Singapore.

A lot of local people do not eat cheese 'as-is', but you see a lot of various 'spicy cheese sauce' used in local fast food restaurants.

Last edited by invisible; Jun 28, 2019 at 12:59 am