FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Voucher to eCredit, not usable by 2 fliers complaint/help?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:40 am
UnsatisfiedDeltaCustomer

Angry Delta Voucher to eCredit, not usable by 2 fliers complaint/help?

Received a $1,000 voucher for letting myself miss my flight a year ago. Attempted to use the voucher for Christmas family vacation; the flight was for myself to visit my Fiance's family as she already had her own flight out prior to the use of the Voucher, so it was just used in my name. However, career and family complications obstructed the availability of my time to fly out so refunded the flight. This, in turn, ruined my Christmas last year and was hoping to re-use my now $800 eCredit for the two of us at a later date. I assumed the $200 less is financial woe enough for it to be punishment for cancellation. When I initially received the voucher I was told it could be used for myself and another flier on the same flight, I was not told this would change when I now had an eCredit due to my family and career complications. So now I can't use it for the two of us to fly out together as it will only cover my $350 flight and none of hers even though it is worth a total of $800. What would be the financial difference of it being used on 1 flight 2 people for $800 same flight versus now I can only use it as 2 separate flights 1 person totaling $800.

Has anyone been able to get Delta to budge on this rule due to similar situations? What can I do? If I can't do this, I won't be able to use the eCredit in time, the voucher would never have been worth it, it's been a huge waste of my time to get this to work as intended and as promised when I initially received it. Must I just become a none Delta flier and take my business elsewhere for now on due to terrible instructions on use of promised compensation of voucher for skipping my initial flight date?

Sent Complaint to Delta Online:
"I would like to use my eCredit for my fiance and I to travel to her home town in San Antonia, TX. I had received a Travel Voucher a little over a year ago and was told by the airport staff at the time of receiving it that it "could be used by myself and anyone else traveling with me on the same flight." However, I was not told that if it was used on a flight, that had issues causing me unable to fly due to extreme family issues and my career not allowing me to leave on short notice, that the eCredit I would receive from using this voucher would only be usable by me thereafter. I would like to use this eCredit for the flight for the both of us, not just for me, if it can only be used by me, even though I was told in the beginning I could, and when I redeemed the voucher with help of support I was not told this would happen if this did happen. If I can't use it for the two of us I will just have to simply give a bad review, not use the voucher at all, and have Delta lose me as a customer as is.

I would like compensation for this eCredit to be used for both of us, as it shouldn't matter if the amount isn't totally used or over the amount of $800 as our flight combined would be $750 Missoula to San Antonio round trip in August. To me it doesn't make sense to add this restriction away from my original promise due to issues that stopped me from flying last Christmas. For one, it was a ruined Christmas for me due to Job and Family complications requiring me to stay home located, and now this is just another kick to the face. Thank you for the help, if you can do anything... Anything at all please! I wouldn't have even not gone on my flight for a voucher in the first place if I knew it would be this complicated to use for me and my Fiance."

TL;DR
Received Voucher $1,000 (usable for multiple people as long as same flight) used for only myself on a single flight. Had to cancel/refund, got a $800 eCredit. Now I can't use it for the two of us for vacation like initially promised. What to do/who to complain to?