FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most Citi "Protection" benefits and Price Rewind discontinued September 22, 2019
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:16 pm
Biscoff27

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Adelphos
With about $25,000 in annual dining spend and $5,000 in flight spend, Citi Prestige would theoretically be an ideal card for me even taking into account the weaker protections. But the Amex Platinum + Gold have those categories covered (along with grocery, which none of the Citi cards give a bonus for), and they now have superior travel and warrenty benefits. Plus, the net fees for the cards are below zero when considering Uber and dining credits, airline credits and SkyClub access; 1x more on dining doesn't move the needle enough without all the trip protection

For non-airfare travel ($5,000+ on Uber annually for me), Chase Sapphire Reserve remains unbeatable - the Citi Premier would theoretically be a good card for this, and the Reserve costs $55 more after taking to account the travel credit, but adding the no-fee Freedom Unlimited and Freedm to Reserve make it superior all around to the Premier
Minor point, but the Rewards+ does have double TYP on grocery (up to $6K per year).

I agree a "Chase Trifecta" with CSR + Freedom + Freedom Unlimited is the best all around. Combining the Premier with the no fee AT&T Access card (2x for online purchases) and Rewards+ (mainly for the 10% back in redemptions per year) is still a reasonable suite of cards as well, for me at least.