FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX250 or 256?
Thread: CX250 or 256?
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:39 pm
flubber

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by jdsworld
Admittedly, my holiday won't be ruined if I don't get to lounge hop, and so long as I get a decent coffee, a shower and a glass of champagne (or G&T) as a minimum I'll be happy. I suppose my only concern with 256 would be a heavy delay out of LHR (possible in January) and I find myself being rushed from gate to gate in HKIG.

Related to my point above, I'd love to know the best CX HK lounges for coffee, or the one with the nicest showers (or the shortest queues).
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
The Bridge ( by gate 35) has a coffee loft but can be busy
The Pier business is very good ( has a tea house)
The Deck is close to the QF/BA lounge and had nice iced tea
The wing business ( I do not think I have been to this one)

Not sure on which lounge will have the shortest shower queues.
I'd go for CX250 so you don't have to worry about being delayed and not having time to spend an hour or two at the CX lounge.

As The Banking Scot has mentioned, the Pier J has a lovely tea house and great coffee (look for the coffee stand right at the entrance).

The Deck and the Bridge have decent coffee too.

I'd skip the Wing if I were you, unless you are tight for time and land near gates 1-5.
If you have time, go to Pier J - the extra minutes of walking will help after a long flight and the showers are usually readily available (I don't think I have ever queued for a shower at Pier J). Plus the bartender at Pier J is friendly and can make you a nice G&T.