FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do You Eat at Fast Food Restaurants when Traveling?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:01 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Badenoch
In over 40 years of international travel I have eaten twice in American fast food outlets outside of North America. A Burger King in Davos, Switzerland, because a co-worker insisted. A McDonalds in Greater London after arriving in a dodgy neighbourhood late at night because it was the only thing open. I am still ashamed.

My definition of a truly horrible travel companion includes someone who even suggests we eat in American fast-food joints while overseas.
woah harsh

In Africa, KFC makes consistently the best fried chicken, full stop. Also Burger King in South Africa was nice not only because the food was flame broiled and tasted like real food but because they had mountain dew AND unlimited ice AND unlimited self serve refills, each of which is impossible to find there let alone ALL THREE. Was always a favorite at work when I was living there.

Taco Bell in India Japan and Korea are always fun when you're tipsy, have fun local variants like bulgogi tacos, is way fresher than in america, and they have beer.

Hooters is always fun too, and always good wings. Clients love those places.

Sometimes you just want simple US style junk, I mean eating fresh delicious local food can get banal lol. And a lot of places in the world are unable to cook a burger properly.