FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is British Airways really just London Airways?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:52 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Just to comment on the pricing, KL's pricing can vary tremendously and in my experience can be extremely expensive to fly out of a business focused UK airport (HUY, MME) compared to a busier airport (NCL or MAN) as the smaller capacity routes do not seem to have that many tickets for sale in the cheaper ticket buckets (plus KL have no competition here). On these routes, point-to-point pricing into AMS can be horrendously expensive as well (MME-AMS-DUS return is normally 40% cheaper than MME-AMS).
That's fair - having seen some of the pricing out of NWI I can corroborate [oil travellers there, with no better options].

I was thinking more of the "nicking holidaymakers" business out of the larger cities like BHX, MAN, etc - i.e. long-haul connecting traffic. High fares direct to AMS are the expectation, in the absence of [and sometimes even in the persence of] direct competition. It's the one-stop options to places like SIN and HKG where, AFAIK, BA doesn't seem to compete on the basis of being a one stop option - unlike they clearly do from AMS, for instance.