FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best MR route for SK?
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:59 am
nixande

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Since SAS is one of the few airlines to allow Gold to be attained with segments too, it is probably more of a question in regards to where are you starting from and are those segments cheap enough to attain.

I know f.e. that there are cheap flights for TUN-HKT / KUL on turkis business at about 1000 Euro (150%), or there are the special TAP fares for 1200 Euro to go f.e. DUB/CPH to LAX/SFO. Yes there is positioning cost and some might prefer just flying in economy for the MR but I think it comes down to opportunity and personal preferences - and oddities.

From my looking around so far, it looks like the PE fares in Europe are an oddity which can partially be exploited through combining segmets - in this case not for the segment run, but because each segments brings points. It would be very helpful if you could share working segment runs (as they also can be used to check for PE fares) for us to get ideas. Especially since most of that knowledge seems to be locked in forum discussions in swedish and danish