FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Different Names on Dual Citizen Italian Passport and US Passport
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:15 pm
DaileyB

Although I know I am eligible, I have always had this gut feeling that something will go really wrong, if I apply for Italian Citizenship and have name change issues. This message board has many posters who have indicated that Italy is quite fussy about having exactly the same name. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ital...-sanguinis-f5/ Haven't read it for about 1 year, so theoretically possible that I am wrong.

Originally Posted by jiejie
I'm with @malmostoso
There are also dual citizens (USA + other country) that carry two different names on each of the passports....though this is more common with Asian duals than European duals. Still, it is not that uncommon (nor illegal) to be Joseph Vecchio on the USA passport and Giuseppe della Vecchio on the Italian passport. As for China, you stick with the identity you've already established and go in and out of the country and make flight and hotel tickets, on that USA name.
Very interesting and would solve a lot of problems. Had no idea it could work that way. My main identity would always be American.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 26, 2019 at 11:17 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member