FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not collecting checked luggage on arrival for a couple of hours?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:34 am
vfw614

Originally Posted by Jagboi
What I would do is when you check in at YHZ , have printouts of both of your itineraries and ask the agent to through check your bag to BRU. Have the plan B of the rental car, but it never hurts to ask. If it's all AC, there is a good chance they will check to the final destination.
So to give feedack how it worked out: I discussed the issue at YUL airport (the stopover airport for the luggage) with the Priority Check-In desk and they said it would be no problem at all having luggage through-checked. When the day came and I showed up at check-in at YHZ (the departure airport for the luggage) , totally different story. The CSA said it would be impossible because they could not link the two tickets in a way that the luggage would only travel portions of each ticketed itinerary. I discussed the issue with the CSA agent for a while and also mentioned the conflicting information I had received at YUL, but she was unimpressed and not really motivated to accommodate my request. As I had the rental car back-up anyway, I gave up at some point and let her have her will.

I did not try to rid myself off the suitacse upon arrival at YQB either at the check-in in departures or at luggage services in the arrivals hall, so I cannot give information on the chances of such an approach.

In general, I was surprised how small YQB was as I had expected it to be somewhat larger. Having been there now, I understand why there are no left-luggage facilities, no MLL etc. at the airport. But a nice, rather relaxed airport. Although I found he fireplace in the lounge somewhat irritating, given the time of the year and the outside temperatures....

Thanks again to all who offered help in this thread.