FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RT from midwest to New Delhi
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:57 am
JamesKidd

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Hi Jen - Agree with others to price fares from major hubs rather than CVG and then add in a connecting flight. You *should* be able to find approx USD $2800 r/t in business on Air Canada non-stop to DEL from both YVR and YYZ - they have an excellent business class product and they also have a good Premium Economy (PE) product. Similarly, out of SFO there are non-stops on United or Air India (strongly prefer UA). Either of those options would allow you to have one relatively short domestic flight and one long international. You don't say if you have a preference regarding alliance so assume you're open for any airline based on price?

If you would consider PE then BA, LH, Singapore, and ANA all have good PE products that would cost a lot less than business. Each of those would be two long flights however. Just be careful regarding the actual amount of leg room; presumably you would have to be in a bulkhead (not middle) in the PE cabin for it to even work. I'd strongly recommend looking at seat guru dot com for an idea of the different layouts, and also look at pictures of the seats and legroom on this board and others.

Years ago, I had to fly for a job interview in Europe days after knee surgery and I (literally and figuratively) feel your pain. Trust me, people will bump into you and bang your knee - request a wheelchair even if you don't think you need it - every bit helps. Good luck!
Just make sure you don't sleep through the entire journey if flying Air Canada. They prefer to let sleeping passengers sleep as long as they desire.