FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charged for a one night award stay and no resolution
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:17 pm
Sulley

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Charged for a one night award stay and no resolution

Help!

On April 5th, I stayed at the Marriott TownePlace Suites Miami Airport for a quick one night stay. Since most rooms in the area were going for $200+ per night, I decided to redeem some points. The hotel was lovely and all was uneventful with the stay. I received a folio with a $0.00 balance and went on my way.

A few days later, I noticed a charge for $61.02 appeared on my credit card. I called the property and learned that I had accidentally been charged for my award redemption and I was told that the GM would process my refund. A week later, I called back and left a message for an update. I then followed up with an email. No reply.

On May 2, I decided to contact Marriott Titanium Customer Care. I was promised a speedy resolution and that the property would be in touch with me soon.

That never happened.

On May 16th, Titanium Customer Care apologized for the lack of response from the property and that they would be processing the refund on their end.

That never happened either.

I asked for an update on June 5th, June 11th, and about an hour ago. I'm not even receiving replies now.

--

What should I do at this point? Dispute the charge with the credit card company? This is very frustrating over $61.02!

Marriott Lurker, can you help?