FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help: United partner EVA Air cancelled their leg
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:50 pm
KimchiExpress

Hey, EVA came through! I was dreading going down to their office (their phone lines were jammed) - but I dragged myself down there. I grabbed a number and waited. Being the only non-local there, the manager grabbed my case. My flight was KHH NRW JFK. And it was just the KHH NRT that was on EVA.

I received a text saying my flight was cancelled. I immediately looked up other KHH NRT flights. JAL and CI had flights that would work! But by the time I arrived at their offices those flights were already gone (taken by EVA for other passengers I am sure).

The EVA manager went back and forth to his office trying to find a suitable flight. He came up with TPE JFK on EVA (not all EVA flights were cancelled). And they bought us train tickets on the high speed rail (my kids love the HSR) to Taipei. I am so glad they fixed it as I dreaded calling United again.

Thanks everyone.

UA - They only offered to CANCEL our reservation and refund the miles. There were no mileage flights left (except 80K one way). We had hell booking these flights. UA showed flights available but when we clicked to buy we got a stupid error message (that didn't say why there was an error). So on the phone we went.

And then the same issue when we booked our return flights. It clearly shows 4 seats available - but wouldn't go through. So we booked two people first. Then we had to call UA. We had to change the age of my son to be an adult, book a ticket, then have UA add it to our reservation. Wife never got a ticket in the end (she is happy as she wanted to stop over in Korea anyway). Unfortunately the main leg is on UA instead of ANA. The last time I took a UA for NRT SFO it was a joke. It was an old plane with no in-seat entertainment. But you could use UA's App to connect to their system and watch movies, etc. But after 20 minutes of trying to connect one of our 10 devices, I was informed that it only can handle 50 devices. So only 50 people out of 300 had anything. Further, once a device has connected it cannot be unconnected - so no chance to connect while the original 50 are sleeping.