FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:16 am
dk9

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
That £500 a night for a Classic room is an anomaly, those same rooms go for as little as £160 and on average run to circa £300. Of course at peak times prices will be higher but when prices rise above around £300 they are typically sold for then what is actually happening is that they are sold out of classic rooms and are selling more expensive inventory and pushing upgrades for the deserving.

The Classic rooms are not large but neither are those at the Hilton Park Lane across the road and the internal condition is generally better at the IC.

If you don't think the IC is good value there are lots of other options available to you. I don't think it is the best London hotel by any means but for the location and with RA it definitely can be great overall value as both redemption or paid stay (at the right rate).

The rooms layouts and sizes and elite recognition is not a closely held secret it is clear and easily discovered in the public domain. I probably wouldn't stay there if I wasn't a RA personally as other nearby properties where I also have Elite Status would probably give me a better overall experience but that's not to say it is a bad property. When I hear people .....ing about the quality of rooms costing £500 per night though the one thing that chimes for me is that there is no way the complainant has actually paid that amount.
I don't disagree with what you say. But the property is indeed only worth it if you are a RA and partially due to their excellent lounge. If you look at the reviews of this place, their target customers are middle eastern guests and RAs. If that's their target group, well good for them but I truly believe that if you are not in that category you will not receive good treatment at the hotel.

Regarding the pricing, I have never seen classic rooms advertised at £160!! I would love to see when these are available.. As I have been staying quite regularly in London the minimum price I saw them was £260 around Winter time and for the whole summer they are north of £400.